Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sarae





Sarae continues to do well. She is starting to come out of her shell and is smiling a little and we have come to realize she can crawl and stand up on her own (for a few seconds anyway). They still have her on a every four hours feeding so I am getting up during the night with her. They told me that she eats congee (rice with lots of water)and noodles. We've introduced cheerios and watermelon. They told me that she was would eat anything and that eating actually soothed her. I believe it because she will sit in a high chair and I can leave the table and she is fine. She tends to cry if I leave her sight of vision at this point. Both Heidi and Leslie were able to hold her yesterday morning without her crying as long as I stood in front of her. Developmentally she seems to be on target and I have to say, we are having an extremely easy time with her. She does have a bad cough, down deep in her chest and they gave me antibiotics. She has a runny nose, but doesn't seem to have a fever. They gave me an antibiotic to give her and I'm also dosing her up with Children's Tylenol. She had her first bath yesterday. It literally scared the poop out of her! : ) By the end, she seemed to enjoy it, although the rinsing of the hair was not a pleasant experience for her.

I have to say, I cannot tell you how great it is having both Heidi and Leslie with me. I do not have to focus on anything except Sarae because those two have everything else taken care of. Since I have not been able to sleep very much, nor eat very much, it has been invaluable. They actually ventured out on their own in Chongquig to buy the most beautiful flowers for me in celebration of the adoption. Leslie has become the professional mother in the group and other first time parents are going to her for advice and questions.

I'm going to end here and now that I have figured out how to charge the laptop and post, you should be hearing from me (us) on a daily basis.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

We have been totally thinking about you guys all week. Both of us have been checking your blog regularly. She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. Lots of love to all of you!
Nancy

Zeus said...

Congratulations Colleen! Sarae is beautiful. Tenley has pronounced her cute. - Jeff

Nesting For Natalie said...

Colleen,

She is just gorgeous! So glad you have her :)

Amy C
sept DTC

Keisha said...

Hey Collenn!
I have just checked your website & man is she beautiful! She has perfect features & looks like she is just as beautiful on the inside as well! Enjoy your stay in China & be safe.
Keisha
-waitng on TA!

Judy and Don said...

Congratulations Colleen!

Sarae is SO adorable! It's great to see her in your arms!
Have a wonderful trip!

God Bless!
Judy in KC
Sept DTC Group