Friday, February 2, 2007

The Baby...


One January day
I had an answer to a prayer
when I finally received a call
to say that you were there.

Though holding only a photo,
my heart was lost that day
to a tiny girl in China
half a world away.

The baby face and tiny ears,
the lovely almond eyes,
the chubby oh-so-kissable cheeks
held power to mesmerize.

The distance seemed to melt away
though still a world apart.
Gazing at your picture,
I met you heart-to-heart

At long last knowing you were real
a child to call my own,
the daughter I was soon to meet
to finally bring you home.

3 comments:

Ava Baby said...

Sarae is just beautiful!! Congratulations and have a safe trip to China. I'm right behind you- leave March 1 to get Ava!
Michele

Colleen said...

I would love to take credit for the beautiful poem beside Sarae's picture, but it was actually written by Jill Work and adapted to my situation by my friend Lisa White. It definitely describes all I've been feeling.

Lea` said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Gina and I have been wondering all day whether you have Sarae in your arms yet!
God bless you and your little family!

Lea`