Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Shopping and Paperwork





Today Heidi and I had the morning free so we decided to go out on our own to go shopping. We got a staff here at the China Hotel to write down in Chinese that we wanted to go to the Leather Market, than hopped in a taxi and showed them the paper. It worked and we spent 2.5 hours walking around and shopping. Sarae was so thrilled with the shopping, she fell asleep. We then rushed back to the hotel so I could work on the paperwork to obtain Sarae's Visa so we can come home. Meanwhile, Heidi stayed back in the hotel room so that Sarae could get her afternoon nap.

This evening we took a taxi to Bejing Road which is a road filled with shops.
We went with the Goliath family since they had already been there and were familiar with the layout. We went down an alley then upstairs into the little shop and they opened up two suitcases filled with different types of watches. Hopefully you can see this in the picture posted. It was hilarious - like something out of a movie.

Sarae continues to do well. She's eating very well. So far I know she likes watermelon, cantelope, noodles, tofu, eggs, and bread. I think she's getting a little bit of a tummy! She actually slept through the night last night, but since she missed her naps yesterday I'm not sure if that was just a one time thing or not. The only time she ever cries is if she is hungry or if I put her down to sleep. She screams horribly when I put her in her crib for anywhere from 5-15 minutes and then mid scream she will drop off to sleep. I feel so bad for my neighbor in the hotel!

2 comments:

Garnie from Austin said...

We are looking forward in seeing you soon Colleen!

Just a few days before we see you.

Love you...
Garnie

Unknown said...

Shopping for kids is a great fun. I used to shop at Disney shopping for with Drugstore for my kids.