Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm wearing big girl pants now!






Yep, she did, she is now potty trained with no accidents for the past 3 days! Yea!! I believe I'm more excited than she is although she does like her new Elmo and Princess big girl panties. I took the week off to work on this new skill and we had lots of fun. While we were stuck in the house, she drew, painted and we had water fun in the backyard. By Wednesday Sarae was asking me to go bye-bye and I was more than happy to comply. Saturday our adoption facilitator had coordinated a picnic with past and present clients. It was great seeing everyone. I feel so much for those parents who are waiting on their referral as the time has gotten even longer since Sarae and I were matched. We saw two families that were on the same trip to China as we were. Both their children were also doing very well. Sarae had a great time playing for 4 hours straight. I'm not sure which of us was more tired by the time we left. To celebrate her great job at potty training, Sunday we had breakfast with Elmo at Sea World. We had a wonderful time. We went to the 8:30 a.m. breakfast and it was not crowded at all. The characters actually come to the tables and since there were not that many people they stayed and the children got to play/hug them quite a bit. The whole experience from the characters to the food to the wait staff was excellent. Sarae was nervous with Ernie and Bert and they were wonderful with her. They came up but let her initiate contact (high-fives) until she felt comfortable. When we left the breakfast we went over to the Pets Ahoy show where the Elmo and Abbi show is playing so we also got to see a show and after the show she got to pose with Elmo again. After that we went to her favorite - the dolphins, the sting-rays, manatees and penguins. By that point I thought I was going to melt in the heat so we came home, napped and then hit the pool. She absolutely loves being in the water this summer which is great since it is a great way to keep cool. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: